I’ve just made a batch of my chocolate protein balls recipe. I’d found a number of recipes for protein balls on the web, and I’ve adapted a few to come up with my own version of chocolate protein balls. This recipe is a favourite – nutty and very chocolatey.
60g (1/2 cup) vanilla protein powder
40g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon peanut butter
about 2 tablespoon water
20g (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
1. Mix together oats, protein powder and cocoa powder.
2. In a separate cup, roughly mix honey and peanut butter together. Add about 1 tablespoon water to help combine.
3. Pour liquid mixture into the dry mixture and mix together. Add a little more water if required.
4. Shape into balls and roll into the shredded coconut.
5. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Makes 17 balls.
I get 17 balls out of this recipe. Based on what I’ve entered into MyFitnessPal, each ball contains the following:
Calories – 53
Carbohydrates – 3.2g
Protein – 4.3g
Fat – 2.3g